Friday, November 18, 2005

11 students pass out during meth talk

From the Pioneer Press:

A class discussion on the dangers of methamphetamine may have been a bit too much for some students at Hutchinson High School.

Eleven students passed out during a graphic presentation by former meth addict David Parnell, who spoke about his struggle, attempted suicide and recovery. The presentation included videos, Hutchinson police Lt. Dave Erlandson said.

Four ambulances, three police officers and the school nurse were called in to help.

Nine of the students were treated at the scene and one was taken to a hospital emergency room. Another student was released to a parent and then taken to the hospital.

There were no serious injuries.

Erlandson said some of the students indicated the temperature in the room and the fact that they skipped breakfast may have contributed to the fainting.


Post a Comment

<< Home